Wednesday, January 11, 2012

STYRENE ADDICTION LOUNGE


For the last couple of years, EYEGORE and DOCTOR CRANKY have been hanging out in the Lab-RAT-ory, and then suddenly in this new year, EYEGORE suggested opening a place where Styrene Addicts (you know who you are) from all over the world can come in and hang out, you know, a type of LOUNGE where we can discuss, ask questions, post interesting things about all matters of model building and dioramas. We hope it will be a comfy place that will keep everyone both talking and inspired. A free zone to exercise the imagination. We are definitely looking forward to it.

So much of our lives are spent at work, or else where beyond the boundaries of our work benches, work shops, studios . . . and building models is indeed a very lonely business, but it doesn't have to be. We can branch out and make contact with our fellow hobbyists, our friends in the model building world.

It should be simple, free, and fun, right? Once in a while, I look up from the bench, yes, this small space where so much Frankensh-tein-ing gets done to plastic. Doctor Cranky is about to officially turn 50! He has been working tirelessly in the Lab-RAT-ory to come up with new ways of building models, techniques, ideas . . . he likes the company.

EYEGORE likes it too, welcomes it. Please join in the conversation! Thank you.

20 comments:

  1. Let's get this party started already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. You are the first CRANKYHEAD in the Styrene Addicts' Lounge. Welcome and stay tuned in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the edit, Mike. It's fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick question for ya Crank...is there a way you can add a "follow by email" option? I use Wordpress and they have that as an option. I see you can do that for post we leave comments on, but I'd love to get an email whenever you publish a new topic.
    Great looking site though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erik, let me look into it, sure, I'd love to have that option up. Let me look. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...I think I found the option in my Google settings. I guess I'll find out next you post a new topic if it works! HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool Page, Doc. Glad to be apart. First question for ya, Is there a website that makes custom decals for my models? I tried making them myself, and I wasn't in love with the quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few professional places, but they are extremely expensive and will only do bulk. Your best bet is to print your own. Get some decal paper and print them on a good quality laser printer, etc . . . thanks for supporting the Lab-RAT-ory!

      Delete
  8. I thank you Dr Cranky Sir for providing us with this page to help[ with our treatment...;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is all mine. We appreciate the comments and the support. Best, DC

      Delete
  9. Thanks Doc, I am looking forward for more indepth into the wonderful world of modeling.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks for the support, buddy. Stay tuned in.

      Delete
  11. cant get enough Styrene and Rust so its a must follow, welcome Doc to the Blog world ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to have you here, Vanhammer! Pull up a barstool and enjoy some refreshments and a slice of Scrapple sandwich. LOL!

      Delete
  12. Hey Doc,
    I'm with this. By the way, I turn 53 on the 30th. I feel ya on the age thing. Just got a batch of 3/16 square tube STYRENE! gonna try my hand at the rat rod z frames. wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, buddy. You are only getting younger. And Styrene will help keep you young, that's for sure. Thanks for the support.

      Delete
  13. Hey Doc! I just subbed to the blog.

    Best wishes and luck on this new venture. I am looking forward to watching this site pick up speed and become a complete success!

    I currently don't have any cars on the bench due to some obligations with my gaming addiction, but I will follow along and keep up on what's happening here.

    Talk to you soon. Rommel sends his best to you and Eyegore ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, Bill, thanks for the support. EYEGORE is elated to hear from ROMMEL. Well, I hope the move will go smooth, and well, there's nothing you can do about the gaming addiction, it's probably worse than the styrene addiction. LOL. Take care and stay tuned in. Best, DC

      Delete
  14. Hey Good Doctor,
    Looks like a very cool place! Looking forward to tagging along.
    Later, Dave

    ReplyDelete